Best Hearing Info Zone
Info About Hearing Loss
HEARING LOSS – A person who is not able to hear as well as someone with normal hearing. (WHO, 2018) Hearing loss has several levels which are mild, moderate, severe and profound hearing loss.
- Conductive hearing loss- It happens when sounds cannot get through the outer and middle ear. Causes of hearing loss: fluids in middle ear, impacted ear wax, perforated ear drum and others.
- Sensorineural hearing lost- It is related to problems with the nerve pathways from your inner ear to your brain. Causes of hearing loss: Aging, noise exposure, drugs toxic to hearing and others.
- Mixed hearing loss- It is combination of conductive and sensorineural hearing loss.
Whom Should You Approach
- ENT doctor for outer and middle ear treatment. If your hearing loss persists, please see audiologists.
- Audiologists/ hearing aid specialists for hearing and hearing aid evaluation.
A Relief From tinnitus
Tinnitus is the perception of a sound for which there is no external source. Patients may perceive tinnitus as a ringing, buzzing, roaring, hissing, or tonal sound. Our patent-pending Multiflex Tinnitus Technology is now standard on all products and technology levels. Mutliflex Tinnitus Technology creates a patient-preferred sound stimulus designed to deliver the one thing every sufferer wants — relief. It makes tinnitus manageable for patients who have been frustrated by their inability to find consistent personalized relief — and gives hearing professionals an easy-to-use tinnitus management option.
- Our “best-fit” tinnitus algorithm intelligently sets the tinnitus stimulus according to the patient’s audiogram.
- Up to 24 bands of frequency adjustments make it easy to shape the stimulus to fit your patient’s unique tinnitus experience.
- SoundPoint Tinnitus allows patients to become active partners in fine-tuning relief to their precise preferences, which helps ensure greater success.
Music is LIFE! Agree with us?
Blasting the music throughout the headphones or speaker is one of the way to enjoy and release stress. It does not matter if you are into rock music, ballad, techno, pop or even classis. Any music is relaxing.
However, have you ever wonder how does it affect your ear and hearing?
American Speech and Language Association had reported that one of main factor causing hearing loss is loud noise. Categorised into leisure noise, listening to loud music is one of significant factor that caused hearing loss especially within youngsters.
The volume and duration listening to loud music are both inter-related factor that music lover should be aware off. Based on WHO, eighty-five (85) decibels is considered the highest safe exposure level up to a maximum of eight hours. The permissible time for safe listening decreases as sound levels increase. For example, a sound as high as 100 dB (the level produced by a subway train) can be safely listened to for only 15 minutes each day.
How to know if you are listening to a dangerous volume level of music?
- Unable to respond to name call especially when using head/earphones.
- Music volume had masked noisy environment.
- Ringing in the ear.
- Decreased ability to hear for few minutes after listening to music (hearing sound soft).
- Ear pain after listening to music.
- Headache after listening to music.
Concern on your hearing level? Come and have a diagnostic hearing test for free in our centres. What if the damage is done? Can we still appreciate music? Do not worry!! Ask the solution from our hearing aid specialist.